We Are Breaking
The Eleven Rules of People-Pleasing & Putting Others First
1. I should always do what others want, expect, or need from me.
2. I should take care of everyone around me whether they ask for help or not.
3. I should always listen to everyone’s problems and try my best to solve them.
4. I should always be nice and never hurt anyone’s feelings.
5. I should always put other people first, before me.
6. I should never say “no” to anyone who needs or requests something of me.
7. I should never disappoint anyone or let others down in any way.
8. I should always be happy and upbeat and never show any negative feelings to others.
9. I should always try to please other people and make them happy.
10. I should try never to burden others with my own needs or problems.
11. I should fulfill all of these should and shouldn’t expectations of myself completely and perfectly.
When you put others first, you have a number of expectations about the way they should treat you, because of how nice you are and how hard you try to make them happy.
Yet, these expectations are “hidden shoulds” and provoke a lot of negative feelings when others fail to fully meet them.
But, of course, the expression of negative feelings toward others—such as anger, resentment, or disappointment—is prohibited by the Eighth Rule of People-Pleasing: You should always be happy, and never show any negative feelings toward others.
As a result, we (1) feel guilty about having negative feelings toward others, and (2) blame yourself for not pleasing others enough to elicit consistently positive treatment from them in return.
The Seven Deadly Shoulds
1. Other people should appreciate and love me because of all the things I do for them.
2. Other people should always like and approve of me because of how hard I work to please them.
3. Other people should never reject or criticize me because I always try to live up to their desires and expectations.
4. Other people should be kind and caring to me in return because of how well I treat them.
5. Other people should never hurt me or treat me unfairly because I am so nice to them.
6. Other people should never leave or abandon me because of how much I make them need me.
7. Other people should never be angry with me because I would go to any length to avoid conflict, anger, or confrontation with them.
7 trainings to empower you as the queen of your own life
Using the energetic tools of EFT tapping sessions and hypnosis to reprogram your subconscious and your energy system
Life-changing transformation awaits you!
Module 1: Afraid To Be Selfish and Not Put Others First
Module 2: It Is Hard to Ask for Help
Module 3: When Guilt Keeps Us Over-Giving in Relationships
Module 4: Saying No
Module 5: I Need To Be Nice & The Good Girl/Boy
Module 6: Avoiding Confrontation & The Fear of Their Anger
Module 7: The Only One I Need to Please to Create Real Connection & Support
She said 30 years of therapy was not as impactful as 1 session with you"
Disclaimer: The information provided in this program or any other of Mira Kelley’s programs is not offered as medical or psychological advice and should not be considered medical or psychological advice. It is not intended to replace your relationship with your health care providers nor should you stop taking any medication. Always seek the advice of a physician, qualified health care professional and qualified mental health care professional regarding any physical, mental, or emotional conditions. You recognize and agree that Mira Kelley has made no implications, warranties, promises, suggestions, projections, representations or guarantees whatsoever to you.